Jim Donachie

Cigar Aficionado

The family of an 85-year old Scotsman blames his death on Scotland’s smoking ban.

According to the U.K.’s Daily Record, Jim Donachie, a former bus conductor, was at a pub on Tuesday night and wished to smoke a cigar. With smoking prohibited inside, he walked outside to light it, slipped, hit his head, and died.

Donachie’s son, Stewart, denounced the ban in the Daily Record. “I believe that if the ban had not come in, my dad would have been sitting at the table and he would still have been here today,” he said. “I think there should be leeway for older and disabled people not to have to go out in the rain for a cigar or a cigarette.”

Scotland’s smoking ban has been in effect for less than a week.

Advertisements
%d bloggers like this: